Contest Rules & Regulations
Live Nation Canada, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Contests and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contests, the verification of winners, or the fulfillment of prizing. All inquiries regarding the promotion must be directed to the Sponsor and not Live Nation Canada, Inc.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The sponsor of the contests described in Section 4 herein (each a “Contest” and together the “Contests”) is Corby Spirit and Wine Limited (the “Sponsor”). To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec. A person must be of legal drinking age at the time of entry, have a valid Instagram account at the time of entry; and must not be an employee of, or member of the immediate family of an employee, or domiciled with an employee of: the Sponsor, provincial liquor boards, provincial liquor agencies, retailers and their employees (the “Liquor Boards”), liquor licensees, the promotion agency (the “independent contest organization”), prize suppliers, or their respective agents or associated companies. Void where prohibited by law.
There is no limit to the number of entries per person as long as each entry is separate, unique, and is in compliance with these Contest Rules.
Each Contest (as detailed below) opens at 10:00 AM (“Contest Opening Time”) and closes at 4:30 PM PST (“Contest Closing Time”) on the date of such Contest indicated in Section 4 below. All entries for a particular Contest must be received between the Contest Opening Time and Contest Closing Time on the date of such Contest. Valid entry period is subject to change by the Contest Sponsor at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the person who is the Authorized Account Holder of the identified Instagram account. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” of an Instagram account is defined as the natural person to whom the Instagram account is assigned by Instagram and/or an on-line service provider. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the Authorized Account Holder of the Instagram account associated with the winning entry.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
4. PRIZE(S): There are a total of four (4) possible prizes to be won, each having an approximate retail value of $5,400, as outlined below:
Tickets are subject to program availability, venue capacity, and age and artist restrictions. Winners and guest(s) must abide by all venue policies. Live Nation Canada, Inc. reserves the right to revoke a prize in whole or in part from any winner or winner’s guest who Live Nation Canada, Inc. and/or festival personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk have violated any venue policy or law, and/or may bring Live Nation Canada, Inc. or Sponsor into disrepute.
The prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be sold, modified or transferred, and cannot be converted to cash. Limit one prize per winner. The winners shall not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the difference between a prize retail value and actual cost. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prizing described above at their discretion. The Sponsor does not make any representations or warranty regarding the prizes. The prizes may differ from those shown on any advertising material. The prize winners are responsible for all other expenses not specifically described herein, including without limitation parking, travel and accomodations.
All winners and their guests must be of legal drinking age, and must be willing and able to show government issued photo ID. Only officialy issued government ID such as drivers license, health card or passport will be accepted.
5. WINNER SELECTION:
Subject to these Contest Rules, one (1) winner shall be selected on or about 5:00 P.M. PST on each Contest date indicated in section 4 above. Judges appointed by the Sponsor in its sole discretion will choose winning photo or video submissions, in their sole discretion, based on visual appeal, creativity, message and its relevance to and incorporation of the “Be Good To Each Other” campaign theme. Social media engagement created by the submissions such as “likes”, “sharing” and comments will also be taken into consideration. The odds of being selected will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
ENTRANTS SELECTED AS WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY THE SPONSOR VIA COMMENT ON THEIR CONTENT UPLOADED TO INSTAGRAM OR DIRECT MESSAGE WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONTACT THE SPONSOR. SUCH SELECTED ENTRANTS MUST RESPOND WITHIN THIRTY (30) MINUTES OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrants must respond to the contact number provided in the notification either by phone call or text message. The selected entrant must then complete a skill testing question without the use of an aid. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
6. APPLICABLE LAW: The Contests are subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute relating to the Contests must be resolved before the Courts of Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the entrant hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute or matter.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering a Contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in a Contest, or participation in any prize related activity and agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor, LiveNation Canada Inc., the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from claims by third parties without limitation.
9. RELEASE: Before being declared a
winner, the selected entrant and their guest will be required to sign one or more declaration, indemnity and release forms in a form acceptable to the persons listed below, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of a prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing the Sponsor, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees, the independent contest organization, prize suppliers, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all of their respective directors, officers and employees from any liability in connection with the Contests or occurring as a result of the prize(s) being awarded.
10. GENERAL: All entries become the property of the Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected for any reason whatsoever or for any computer errors or malfunctions. Neither the Sponsor, prize suppliers, the Liquor Boards, liquor licensees or their respective agents shall be responsible for any errors, negligence, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise or occur in connection with the Contests or a prize. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, a Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of a Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate any on-line portion of a Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the entry Period. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of a Contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contests including any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in a Contest or from downloading any material from a Contest web site, where applicable. The Sponsor may modify or withdraw any Contest, without liability if any printing/production errors occur, without public notice.
11. LIQUOR BOARDS/AGENCIES/RETAILERS: The Liquor Boards are not connected with the Contests in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter that relates to the Contests.
Every two weeks we’ll teach you how to mix a new drink and share the occasional bartending secret to help you improve your skills on the way. Sign up now!
Keep an eye on your inbox for updates from Absolut Canada.