As warm weather arises, pitcher drinks become a staple of any outdoor activity. Here are a few pointers to make pitcher drinks as fresh and neat as possible:
2 Parts ABSOLUT Vodka
1 Part Lime Juice
1 Part Simple Syrup
1 Part Passion Fruit Juice
1 Part Soda Water
Fresh Ginger to taste
Muddle thinly sliced ginger. Build vodka, lime juice, syrup and passion fruit juice over lots of ice. Stir. Finally add soda water. Garnish with sliced passion fruits and lime wedges. Stir again, gently, and share!
- Ice easily dilutes the drink. If you make the drink a tad stronger to begin with, you can then use the ice to balance it to perfection.
- The smaller the ice cube, the quicker it melts. Using just one, or a few, large block(s) of ice in the pitcher will slow dilution down.
– Prepare the drink before guests arrive, but leave the ice out and put the pitcher in a fridge. When the party starts – add the ice.
– Go easy on the ingredients. With too many juices and liqueurs, it’s hard to identify the flavors. Less is more.
– Use frozen fruit instead of ice cubes, or use fruit juice cubes.
Enjoy your pitcher drinks!