Terms and conditions - Hackathon
The Absolut Creative Space event (referred to as “Creative Space”) is promoted and hosted by The Absolut Company AB, Marieviksgatan 19B, SE-117 97, Stockholm, Sweden (“TAC”). These terms and conditions govern your participation in Creative Space. By submitting your entry and by participating (if you are selected to do so) in Creative Space, you agree to the following:
1. To enter: You must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Participation is open to residents of Sweden only. The entry begins at 09.00 CET on May 11th, 2015 and ends at 15.00 CET on June 5, 2015. To submit an entry to Creative Space, visit www.absolutcreativespace.com and submit an on-line application in accordance with the instructions provided. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. You will be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, website (optional), which space you like to attend; 1.) Creative Space Hackathon, 2.) Spot in Creative Space, 3.) both, number of spots and idea. In the event complete and correct information is not provided, the entry will be considered incomplete and therefore invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, or undelivered, whether due to technical difficulties affecting electronic communication or else.
2. Selection process: Five judges appointed by TAC will select up to 16 participants that will be invited to participate in Creative Space, hereinafter referred to as a “Participant”. The Participants will be selected based on idea and/or website portfolio. TAC will notify Participants on a continuous basis, via e-mail or telephone. A complete list of the Participant will be announced by or before June 8th, 2015 on www.absolutcreativespace.com. TAC’s decision on Participants is final and binding and cannot be subject to appeal.
3. Purpose: The purpose of Creative Space is to encourage Participants to use their knowledge and creativity to generate ideas on how TAC can minimize its green foot print. You will collaborate with other Participants in Creative Space and will be arranged into a group of four (4) Participants to work on a brief provided by TAC. As a Participant you will be given access to TAC’s Creative Space, during the time and in the place and on conditions separately communicated by TAC. The work will take place in Creative Space located at the parking lot in the corner of Trekantsvägen 7 / Lövholmsvägen 10, starting from morning of June 12th – evening of June 14th. Participants will be required to be available for participation and presence at the Creative Space during this entire time. During the three days the Participants will work on ideas within the areas of “Reduce/eco-design”, “re-use” and “recycle” as per a brief given by representatives from TAC. Ideas will be harvested, refined and visualised. As further described below, TAC will select one (1) winning idea, to be announced on June 14th, 2015 at an awards ceremony.
4. IPR: TAC will supply and invite you to use some of its Intellectual Property rights as a Participant in Creative Space, such as the rights in the ABSOLUT brand and bottle. For the sole purpose of your participation in Creative Space and for the duration of Creative Space, you are granted a limited license to use and adapt the Intellectual Property rights of TAC made available to you by TAC. These may include the ABSOLUT trade mark, bottle design, flavor names, indicia, fonts, logos and the like. You are not granted any rights to use Absolut Elements for any other purpose other than in relation to your participation in the Creative Space.
5. Your participation in Creative Space must only concern your own original work and must not, so far as you are aware, infringe the intellectual property or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, and must not violate applicable law or refer to or portray TAC, its products, brands or other related brands in a disparaging or negative manner.
6. Grant of rights: Your entry and the ideas or concepts provided by you during your participation in Creative Space may be used and reproduced by TAC (and its assignees) in perpetuity for any purpose what so ever, throughout the world. Therefore, you hereby grant TAC any and all rights necessary for distribution and public display of any submitted text, image, or other intellectual property rights that may arise from entry into and participation in Creative Space or related publicity, and hereby grants TAC the perpetual sub-licensable right to exclusively, royalty-free and without limitation freely use, modify, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works from, alter and publicly display or publish any such intellectual property rights, for whatever purpose, in any form or medium, now known and hereafter created, whether promotional or in other activities or events arranged by TAC (or its assignees), whether locally or world-wide. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not participate in Creative Space.
7. You acknowledge and agree that a third party may produce similar ideas or concepts during Creative Space. You also acknowledge and agree that TAC, as a company with a strong reputation for innovation, may be working on similar ideas independently whether now or in the future. You agree not to make any claims or demands of any nature against TAC in relation to your participation or contribution in Creative Space.
8. Code: At the start of Creative Space you will be briefed on the Pernod Ricard Code for Commercial Communications (the “Code”). You agree to ensure that all ideas and concepts developed at Creative Space will comply with the Code and that you will notify a representative of TAC if you believe this is not the case. The Code prohibits TAC’s ABSOLUT brand from being associated with, for example: images of anyone who is or appears to be under the age of 25; (ii) excessive consumption of alcohol, intoxication or other offensive or irresponsible behavior; (iii) any link to any activity that requires a high degree of alertness or physical coordination, or (iv) any portrayal of situations that suggest a person or character can achieve success, solve problems or attain sexual and/or physical prowess by consuming alcohol.
9. Compensation: In return for participation in Creative Space, TAC will offer each of the Participants a compensation of SEK 4000 SEK before income taxes upon completion of participation in Creative Space. Each Participant is responsible for the payment of taxes on the prize and for any other costs and expenses associated with the compensation. Participants are responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by them as a result of participation in the Creative Space.
10. Winner selection: A panel of TAC judges will select one (1) winning idea for most sustainable solution with best possibility for realization and any other categories as determined by TAC. The winning idea will be announced at Absolut Atelier on the evening of June 14, 2015. The winning idea will also be published on www.absolutcreativespace.com together with the motivation criteria by June 14, 2015. The decisions of TAC and the judges are final and binding, and may not be appealed.
11. Prize: TAC will award one Absolut Crystal pitcher with two glasses (value approximately 2750 SEK) to each of the four (4) Participants in the winning idea. The Participants and/or teams may, in TAC’s sole discretion, be given the opportunity to discuss a further collaboration with TAC based on their work. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of TAC, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Each winner is responsible for the payment of taxes on the prize and for any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize not specifically described above.
12. Name and likeness: TAC may take photographs and film (audio and video) of Creative Space to be used as a public record of Creative Space or for publicity and/or promotional purposes. You, as a Participant, agree to allow TAC to use your name, image and likeness in connection with Creative Space for any purpose without limitation throughout the world in perpetuity in any form and media, now known or hereafter created. Furthermore, the Winner(s) hereby agree that he/she/they may be required to take part in publicity or other promotional activities without further consent or payment as later determined by TAC. Such publicity may include their names, images and/or likenesses as well as any contributions made in Creative Space.
13. As a Participant in Creative Space you agree to comply with any code of conduct and security regulations provided by TAC, whether relating to opening hours, security or otherwise pertaining to your access to the Creative Space area. You agree that you will not to hold TAC liable for any loss or damage that may occur to you or your property while at Creative Space.
14. TAC reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant acting in violation of these terms or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. TAC reserves the right in its sole discretion and at any time to terminate, modify or suspend Creative Space for any reason without prior notice.
15. You agree not to publish or disseminate your submission or submission of any other Participant in any way, including but not limited to your own website and social media websites, until the results of Creative Space are publicly disclosed by TAC.
16. After Creative Space has finished and TAC has announced the winner(s), you are free to use the results of Creative Space that are your original work and that do not contain any Absolut Elements for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. If you wish to use an Absolut Element after Creative Space, you must approach TAC for prior written permission to do so. Permission may be granted by TAC at its sole discretion and you will be required to enter into a written license agreement with TAC for the Absolut Element(s). Otherwise, You agree to remove all TAC Intellectual Property from any idea or concept developed at Creative Space and to respect the rights of other participants in Creative Space. You will not hold TAC and/or The Agency responsible for any other participant’s or third party’s use of the results of your work at Creative Space.
17. Taxes etc.: Each Participant is responsible for any costs, taxes, duties or levies incurred as a result of participating in or winning Creative Space prize. In addition, Participant hereby agrees and accepts that by winning the Competition Participant may incur taxes, duties or other levies including but not limited to any prize tax etc. under any applicable laws and regulations. Participant hereby unconditionally accepts to bear any such tax, duty or other levy on behalf of Participant
18. Privacy: TAC respects your privacy. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, personal information you provide to TAC and otherwise in connection with Creative Space is being and will be collected, used and disclosed by TAC only for purposes of administering and conducting Creative Space, including determining eligibility, showcasing selected submissions, and awarding and delivering prizes.
19. Any dispute related to Creative Space or these Terms and Conditions will be adjudicated by the courts of Sweden under Swedish law.